Showing Your Love for Him
By Heather Bixler
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV)
When we look at this scripture we usually see it as a guide as to how we should treat other people; it could even be used as a gateway into Godís true character. But maybe we should really look at it as a guide to how we should treat our Holy Father in heaven.
So how can we be more loving to our God?
Love is so important to our daily life. We were created with love, our true nature is love, God created us in order to love us, and He wanted us to experience that love and express it as well. God IS love and so are we! If you donít have love towards God, or anyone else, then you are missing the point of life!
- Trust in God, no matter what the circumstances.
- Be patient with God and know that He has your best interest in mind with all His decisions.
- Do not seek self indulgence when praying and living your life, do everything for His will.
- Protect the Lordís name and character by representing yourself in a way that brings glory to God.
- Persevere through the trials, and know that through your perseverance you are showing God that you love Him.
- Never lose hope in the Lord. When you hang on to hope, God sees your faith.
- Do not envy Godís power. It is not yours, and that is ok!
- Do not boast about what you have in Christ, let others experience it through your actions.
- Remember that you will always need a savior. Lose your pride in knowing Who you belong to, and what He has given you.
- A great way to express your love to God is through your actions to other people, especially non-believers.
- Lay down your flesh, avoid the things you know God would not approve of, stay away from the negative seeds!
- Be grateful in everything that the Lord has blessed you with, including the fact that He is even in your life, because that is the greatest blessing of all.
Thank You for being there for me and my family every second of every day. I couldnít live this life without you! Lord, please help me to be more loving towards You, my husband, my family, and everyone else I come into contact with. Help me to always remember the grace by which I stand, and Lord please help me to remain humbled by all that you do for me, and my family! I pray this in Jesusí name. Amen
Heather Bixler is a work-at-home-mother to three children. She is the Founder of Moms Making a Difference Ministry. She also loves writing and has a blog called Simple Ways You Can Make a Difference. You can write to Heather care of the Letters page of this magazine.