By Violet Nesdoly
Kids, make your own Salvation Bracelet.
Buy silver and colored beads at your craft store. If you can't find a cross bead, substitute with plain white bead, then draw a cross on it with a permanent marker.
String the beads onto leather lacing or strong yarn.
Or, make a "Salvation Necklace" to eat!
This candy necklace isn't only a yummy treat. It's another way to help you explain to your friends and family what it means to be a Christian.
For each necklace you will need:
What to do:
- 16-inch red licorice "shoelace."
- 1 each of the following Lifesaver candies (or other candy with a hole which is stringable) – purple, red, white, orange, green, yellow.
String onto a red licorice shoelace:
Slip your necklace around your neck and knot the two licorice ends
Now share the meaning of your necklace with at least one person before you eat it!
- 1 purple candy. It reminds us of the bruises Jesus suffered when He died on the cross for our sin.
- 1 red candy. It reminds us of the blood Jesus shed for us when He died.
- 1 white candy. It reminds us when we confess to Jesus the bad things we've done, He washes away our sin and makes us clean and white.
- 1 orange candy. It reminds us of Holy Spirit fire which gives us the desire and power to tell our friends about Jesus.
- 1 green candy. It reminds us to read our Bibles, pray and go to church so we will grow as Christians.
- 1 yellow candy. It reminds us someday we'll go to heaven, where we'll walk on golden streets.
Send this Page To a friend!